Monday, August 8, 2011

Pinterest and My First Homemade Jewelry

I did not know I was going to love Pinterest so much! I have been signed up for weeks, but I guess I thought it would be too much work to pin things?! I don't know... But I started a few days ago, and I'm at it again today. There are SO many things I want to try to make on my "Crafts and DIY" board that I figured I'd do something similar to what Sherry and John at Young House Love and Katie at Bower Power have recently done.They're doing a quarterly Pinterest Challenge! Every season they'll be going through their Pinterest boards and choosing something to make. I decided this is definitely something I can do... ESPECIALLY because my mom and I get together for a weekly craft day! I hope challenging myself to do these projects will help inspire me to be more creative.

**Challenge to myself: Make at least two pinned items every month. I think that's definitely something I can do.**

My first Pinterest inspired craft: Shrinky Dink Leaves Bracelet
  


It's not exactly the same as my inspiration... But I love that it makes my piece unique. I made my leaves by drawing and coloring in with permanent markers. And when the shrinky dinks came out of the oven I tried to curl the leaves a little to give them some dimension... You can tell which ones I couldn't get to before they cooled off, but I like the way it turned out. And since this was my first handmade jewelry, there was definitely a learning curve. If you stare at it too closely you may find some mistakes, but I am VERY proud of myself for making this! It only took about 3 hours... ha
(P.S. I made this for less than $2. Hobby Lobby had a lot of this stuff on sale last week.)

I got the idea for this from inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com via Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment