Friday, September 23, 2011

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookies. When I make these I bake about a dozen and then freeze the rest of the dough for later. There is nothing worse than stale homemade cookies. I scoop the dough balls onto wax paper into plastic containers that I keep in the freezer. The next time I want fresh chocolate chip cookies, I just take a few dough balls out of the freezer and put them straight onto the pan. Then I bake them in our toaster over for a few minutes longer than the directions say since they're going into the oven frozen.

I usually make these cookies exactly like the recipe. But sometimes I add pecans to the mix... I use less chocolate chips if I do.




Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe source: Alton Brown via Joy the Baker

Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
(pecans if desired)
 

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt the butter.
Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
Pour the melted butter into a big bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream it on medium speed.
Add the egg, yolk, milk, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
Stir in chocolate chips (and pecans if desired).
Chill the dough for at least an hour, then scoop onto baking sheets, and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool completely and store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment