Saturday, September 24, 2011

S'more Cookies

Back again with another cookie recipe! I found this idea on Pinterest. I love cookies, and I love s'mores. When I found this, I just had to try it.



I actually cheated and paid the price. I used my favorite chocolate chip recipe as the base, and changed it a little to make them s'mores. Last time I made chocolate chip cookies I divided the dough in half before I added the chocolate chips. To one half I added a cup of chocolate chips, which is my regular choc chip recipe. Then I scooped the dough and froze. To the other half I added a little more than 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and a little over 1/2 cup of marshmallows. I scooped the dough onto graham crackers, baked 6 minutes, took out to add the Hershey's bars, and baked for another 7 minutes.



They didn't turn out quite like I'd hoped. For some reason my version of s'mores cookies had edges that tasted like toffee, and the marshmallows didn't turn out the same as in my Pinterest inspiration. I think it's because my chocolate chip recipe uses a lot of brown sugar?? They still tasted really good, but not as s'more-like as I hoped. I guess next time I should follow the recipe exactly from The Girl Who Ate Everything. If you try it before I do, let me know how they turn out!


I got the idea for this recipe from: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment