Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait


Serve in 12 Mini Cordials/Parfaits. (I served in 12 Mini Bowls.)
  • ¼ cup butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 ½ cups finely crushed chocolate wafers or graham crackers (I used chocolate Teddy Grahams)
  • ½ cup chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)
  • ¼ cup finely chopped peanuts
  • ½ cup chocolate syrup
  • 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened (I used "1/3 less fat" cream cheese)
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 8 oz-container whipped topping or fresh-made whipping cream (I used Cool Whip)
  • Chocolate shavings or chopped nuts for garnish, optional (I used Cool Whip, chopped peanuts, and mini chocolate chips for garnish.)
Combine melted butter, honey and crushed wafers in a mixing bowl. Fill each glass with one heaping teaspoon of wafer mixture, about a ½”, pack down slightly.
Add a few chocolate chips and some chopped peanuts on top of the cookie crumbs. Drizzle with the chocolate syrup.
In a bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla, mix together until well-blended. Gently fold in whipped topping or whipped cream. Carefully spoon mixture into glasses. (I actually spooned the mixture into a baggie, cut the corner out, and piped it into the glasses.)
Garnish with chocolate shavings or add another drizzle of chocolate syrup and some chopped peanuts. Refrigerate a couple of hours until set.

Eric and I bought these little "tasting party" dishes at Pier 1 for fun one day. I especially love the little spoons! We went to pier1.com and found this recipe, along with a few other recipes I pinned on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment