Friday, October 7, 2011

Chunky Vegetable Soup

I went to the grocery store the other day and got a ton of vegetables. I don't really know what I was thinking because there are only two of us. Esp celery... We NEVER finish all of the celery. So, in an effort to cook something healthy and use up some of the vegetables, I re-found this recipe on my Pinterest boards. It's not really cool enough outside for soup yet, but I made it anyway. Take that, Texas Fall! Next time, I would add more noodles... and Eric would take them out all together. So I guess it depends who makes it on how it turns out next time. Also, I used a huge onion and it was ALMOST too much. If you don't love onion watch out on how much you use. 


Chunky Vegetable Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
2 stalks of celery, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
2 x cans of chopped tomatoes (14oz)
1 1/2 litres of water
2-3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup of pasta (we used bow tie because we had an open box of it)
In a large sauce pan over medium heat add the oil, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme and salt and pepper and cook until just soft. Add the tomatoes, water, and bouillon and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 8-10 min.

I adapted this recipe from butterflyfoodie.blogspot.com via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment