Monday, October 10, 2011

Lucky Us

My mom's birthday was last month, and I wanted to make something kind of sentimental. I scrolled through my Pinterest boards and found something right away... Except I knew I wanted to make it in a picture frame instead of a key chain.


The first two pennies are from the years my parents were born. The one with the heart is the year they were married. And the last three pennies are from the years my sisters and I were born.
I spent a long time fiddling with the paper in the frame, and I'm still not convinced that I love it. I hot glued the pennies onto the paper, so hopefully they stay put. Oh, and I shined the pennies a little by letting them soak in Coke for a few hours... and then scrubbing them with a baking soda paste.

Craft inspired by a picture from Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute!!

    I'm happy to know that you have a blog - easier to keep up with each other!

    C-ya!

    Amber Church

    ReplyDelete