Thursday, October 6, 2011

Unwanted Gift Cards?

Did you know there are ways to sell or trade in your unwanted gift cards? This is a post I was able to save from my deleted blog. Originally written on May 19, 2010.
-----
I found this through $5 Dinners, and I'm so glad I did!

 

Eric and I had $50 in Starbucks gift cards, and we've had some of the cards as long as 4 years! We don't go to Starbucks... We don't even drink coffee. (Well, Eric sort of does... and I know they offer more than just coffee at Starbucks.) So I figured I could trade the unused gift cards for money we can use!

The minimum card limit that Gift Card Rescue takes is $15. (Two of our cards were $15 and two were only $10. But that was okay with Eric because he figures he's going to go to Starbucks one day and use those cards.) It's really simple. It only takes a few minutes. It's awesome!

We opted for the Amazon gift card because you get a little more than if you want cash back. (But you can get a check in the mail too.) Eric has an Amazon Kindle, and we figured we could find something we need on Amazon.com.

They suggest you get insurance or tracking on the gift cards you send them, but I decided it wasn't worth spending $12 since they were gift cards that had been sitting there unused for so long. Also, we were only getting $25.20 back so I didn't want to spend half of that by insuring my envelope.

I just got an email with an Amazon gift card code, and Eric has already applied it to his account.

Easy peasy, and a free $25.20!


Photo source:

No comments:

Post a Comment